Sunday, January 23, 2011

SNP 2011 scrapbooking retreat Orem, UT

Lori and I had our very first Scraps-N-Pieces digital scrapbooking retreat. We had a BLAST! I hope that everyone else did also. We played a bingo game, did a couple Speed Scraps, had a recipe challenge, and had 3 different work shops on photography, printing and journaling. Here are a few layouts that I did during the retreat.

2010 Kaitlin photoshoot

This is what we did for our first speed scrap. A speed scrap is when you get 1 instruction every ten minutes for and hour. The one below is of my cute little kids in 2000. This is from the other speed scrap.

2000 Kids family photo shoot

This is the layout from the Smoosh it up challenge. Which was when you get to see two different layouts and you pick things from both of them to make one layout. This is of Derick's very first date. He had such a wonderful time. He asked out Amy Wankier and they doubled with his two friends Dan and Becky.

2011 Winter Ball Derick copy

This is just a layout that I did during our free scrapping time. Tyler was put in a dance class when we moved to Delta this year. He ended up being the only boy in the class with about 24 girls. Thank goodness Kylee Wardle was in the class. Tyler felt a lot more comfortable pairing up with her. Dancing wasn’t Kylee's thing either. At the end of the quarter they did a dance recital for the parents to see what they learned during the year. It was really great! They did a Hawaiian dance, a chair dance, the swing, and a improv dance. Isn’t he the cutest?

2011 Tyler's Dance Recital 12011 Tyler's Dance Recital

This last on is what I did mainly for the journaling. I am not a very good journaler at all. I am more of a Dick and Jane writer. I so much want to be better at it. Anyways, this is a layout of me and my great friend Lisa in highschool. Here is what it says: This morning I was sitting on the bus on my way to school when I looked down, and to my surprise, I had two different pairs of shoes on. I just couldn’t go home and switch so I had to spend the entire day as a JUNIOR in highschool wearing two different shoes. Granted, they weren’t totally different, but I was in highschool! I would put one shoe in my locker and leave one out, hoping no one would notice.

What a fun/embarrassing memory.

1988 Highschool wrong shoes

No comments: