Kaitlin's Choir class did such a wonderful job at their Christmas program. The songs they sang were beautiful and they sounded like angels.
We met with my side of the family before Christmas because we all had our turns at our other families this year on Christmas day. We started off with stories of our most favorite and most memorable Christmas’. One of my favorite Christmas’ was a few years ago when Kirk was out of work and we had no money for gifts, but I did have paper and a pencil, so I drew pictures for everyone. One of my most memorable Christmas’ was when I was about 14 or so and my Grandma Evers thought that I was mature enough to get bikini underwear. I remember opening them up and I was in shock that my Grandma would not only get me bikini underwear but see through bikini underwear. I said “Grandma, GRANDMA!” We all had a great laugh. The kids memories were of when we did “Secret Santa” for some people in our ward that needed some help. After the memories we had some share Christmas stories, Kaitlin played a piece on the piano, and Uncle Sean played some Christmas songs on his guitar.
My favorite gift that I received all Christmas was that my Dad typed up his conversion story and gave it to all of us kids. Very special and I will treasure it forever.
Our Leamington Ward primary put on one of the best Christmas pageants I’ve ever been to. Quite a production. Kaitlin was an innkeeper and an angel. The kids did a great job!
Every year when we are in Cedar City on Christmas we go to Craig Jones’ house to sing him happy birthday! One of the great traditions that we look forward to as do the Jones’. They have to gather everyone at the door so that they all can enjoy this tradition. So much fun!
This Christmas was a little different for me because we weren’t in our own house for the Holidays. It was weird not putting up our Christmas Tree this year. But that’s not what matters. What matters is that we celebrate the birth or our Savior and that we share it with family.
(More about Christmas later)
No comments:
Post a Comment