Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Richardson Family Reunion

My Mom's family was in charge of the Richardson Family Reunion this year. It is held every 3 years. We had family come from Colorado, Nevada, Montana and Utah. It was the Brothers and Sisters of my Grandpa Richardson. We held it in Leamington at the Town Hall. It was super hot that week so alot of time was spent in the water or in front of a cooler in the Town Hall.Of course there was plenty of food to eat and it was all delicious. One of the nights we cooked marinated turkey, corn on the cob, dutch oven potatoes, salad and home made Rootbeer

We arranged for the Fire truck to take the kids on a ride they had a blast and all got badges and hats.
All ages enjoyed playing corn hole. When my parents were in Ohio on their mission, there were Corn hole tournaments everywhere. It's quite a popular game back east.We rounded up tubes for everyone to float down the river. I got in and got back out. I'm such a chicken (on a side note though, I went down with the kids this week). It was a good way for everyone to cool off.
My Mom had all the instructions and materials to play the games from the show "Minute to Win it". We had a great time. It was fun to see everyone out there being silly.Watching Greg and Barbie do "Junk in the Trunk" was probably my most favorite to watch. Man can they move their hips. I was surprised to see Greg move so good!!!Even Uncle Wilber and Aunt Marge joined in the fun.All in All we had a wonderful reunion despite the heat. It was fun to see family members that I have never met or it has been decades since I've seen.

No comments: