Friday, April 9, 2010

Las Vegas part I

When the grandkids turn 12 my Mom and Dad take them on a little trip. So it was Tyler's turn this year and they have been planning this since before they left on their mission. The plan was to go to Las Vegas and play. My Mom told Tyler that he could bring along and friend so guess what friend he asked to bring? ME! I was so excited. A few days before we left Tyler said to me, " Mom, do you want to go on a date with me? I thought we would go to Vegas and see Mystere, & go out to a buffet for dinner". What a charmer.
We stayed at Treasure Island on the 24th floor. We ate at their buffet on the first night and they had a great dessert bar with a fountain of mini raised donuts and even served cotton candy, it was so much fun.That night after dinner we had tickets to go see Mystere. WOW, was that amazing, I can't believe what those people can do and how strong they must be. By the end of the show I had chewed my cheek sore because I was so nervous for them being up so high. Very entertaining!

The next morning we got up and went to the Las Vegas Temple to do baptisms for the dead. What a neat and special experience. Tyler was able to be baptized for 33 of our relatives and I was able to do 1 family name and 10 0ther names. Dad was able to do the baptizing and confirming both. I'm so proud of Tyler for being able to do this great blessing. He even said that is was even more amazing than Mystere.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

That is so sweet that he took you! How fun for you both. Sounds like it was a great time. Vegas can be fun (to visit, personally hated living there)!

Brett and Andrea Evers said...

What a fun trip! Your layouts are great!