Thursday, April 29, 2010

Good Memories

We had our last Hoorah for Roberts yesterday at a luncheon at the Pizza Factory. I can't believe that Roberts is gone here in Cedar City. I sure enjoyed working there and learned lots. Working at Roberts was the first job that I had worked since going to college. I would go shopping there and always think that being a designer at Roberts would be a dream job. Once the kids were all in school I went and applied. I started out over department 2, the floral area which entailed putting out product and straightening shelves. Janet would let me do a little here with the floor displays. Then I got to start painting some of the wood items and also got to decorate some of the Christmas trees. Debbie who was the class/events coordinator decided to quit so I was asked to take over her spot, with a little reluctance I decided to do it. I was incharge of all the classes and teachers, making announcements, (which I absolutely hated) , doing demos, preparing make-n-takes, and putting on all the EVENTS, ie., "Ladies night out", 50's week, Fright Night, Christmas openhouse, etc, etc, etc,. I was able to work side by side with Waylene, the store designer. Waylene trained me as we worked together with all the in's and out of decorating story boards and making the page of the month. Waylene then decided to retire and after some sweet talking to Janet I was able to become the store designer. I had a blast!

I really enjoyed working at Roberts. I worked with some wonderful women and John. We had lots and lots of laughs. I will miss everyone.

2 comments:

Shanley said...

Darling pages Heidi! I'm going to miss all of you so much!

Kristin said...

why did they close? business seemed pretty good when we were there...