Sunday, August 23, 2009

School's Back In!!!

The kids were so excited for school to start this year. They are all in different schools this year so that will be interesting. Kaitlin is in Mrs. Sherratt's 4th grade class this year. She heard quite a few mixed impressions of her teacher but is just listening to the good ones because she is loving her class so far.
Tyler was so excited to start middle school this year, it was almost like Christmas morning for him. I was anxious to visit with him after work to see how his day went. He had an absolutely horrible day! Poor kid, spent the first day of school with a teacher who yelled at the class the entire day. He would say "When I say CLASS I want you to say YES back" So he would say CLASS and the kids would say, yes, and the teacher would yell, say it louder. He would say CLASS again and they would say YES back and then he yelled at them for saying it to loud. Needless to say this went on the entire day. Tyler takes things internally and feels that he is the one being yelled at even though he is doing nothing wrong. So Tyler spent the morning of day two in the Vice Principles office with us switching his class. He is now in Mrs. Haggerty's class and absolutely thrilled and excited to be going to school again.Derick is in High School this year as a freshmen. He also was so excited to start high school. He is loving his classes, and has some great teachers. It will be a great year for him I'm sure. I will try to list the ones I remember for this semester.
  • computers
  • geography
  • algebra
  • earth systems
  • english
  • german
  • seminary
  • welding

No comments: