Derick decided that with the money that he earned helping me with my vinyl order, that he wanted a long board. So he found one online that he liked and ordered it, he would check every day with his friends to see where the long boards journey was and how soon it would be here in Cedar City. On the day it arrived he wasn't home until the evening so I thought I would have a little fun with him. I opened it up and found one of my blank signs and put it and a photo copy of the board he ordered back into the box and taped it back up. When he came home he opened up the box with anticipation.- Derick, "What the heck!"
- Mom and Dad, "What?"
- Derick, "All there is is a piece of wood and a picture"
- Dad, "You paid how much for that?, they didn't even give you wheels?"
- Mom, "Did they put any instructions in there?"
- Derick, "No, I'm going to go show this to Kyle" (Kyle is Derick's friend across the street who had just received his long board a few days earlier.)
Needless to say Derick ended up with his "Long Board" after a few laughs.His "Long board" will be forgotten about some day, but he will always remember the story about the long board.
4 comments:
That's funny. Sounds like something my dad would have done to us.
See, you're already implementing the lessons from conference. Elder Wirthlin talked about having a good laugh!
Travis found this quite humorous!
This just cracked me up. I hope that I can find things to do to have fun with my kids and get a bunch of good laughs out of it.
Funny! I hope I can think of funny pranks like that to do on my kids! I love all your cute scrapbook pages!
Post a Comment