I always enjoy this time of year when we get to listen to General Conference. This session was wonderful. There were many great talks given, one of my favorites was Robert D. Hales talk on "Christian Courage". He talked about how Abinadi stood up for what he believed in even though it cost him his life, and then how through his example Alma was converted to the Gospel and then also showed Christian Courage. Another talk I enjoyed was Elaine Dalton who talked about Temple Ordinances and "Returning to Virtue". Then I loved our Prophet's talk on CHANGE. Here are some of the quote that he stated that I wrote down.- Nothing is as constant as change
- Find joy in the journey NOW!
- There are no tomorrows to remember if we don't do anything today.
- The circus will come back again, childhood doesn't
- Be greatful for the abundance that is present.
Thanks to Tyler, we were able to watch Conference in our living room as a family instead of in our bedroom on the bed and floor.
Since Tyler is the smallest and the bravest, he got to go up into our attic and help feed the wires through holes in the living room ceiling. He came down covered in the insulation up there.
1 comment:
Do you rent Tyler out for home improvement work? We could use someone who doesn't mind getting dirty!
I also loved the Prophet's talk. It was such a good reminder of living right now instead of always looking to the future for happiness.
There were so many good talks!
Post a Comment