
Tonight for Family Home Evening, Kaitlin did the lesson for us. She had a candle and we lit it and she talked about "Letting your light shine". She said that she can let her light shine by sharing her testimony. This was a bit of her testimony;
"I have a testimony that I can have friends, of different species, and I now that it's o.k. if my friends are different species, I can still like them"
Unfortunately she ended up in tears because her brothers couldn't help laughing. I told her that species meant that her friends were like animals and that she should say different "Races" not species. I asked her where she heard that from and she said from the movie, "My big fat Greek wedding". That got me laughing and here come the tears again. I had to hold her and let her know that we weren't laughing to make fun of her, but that she said something funny. The funny places kids pick things up from.
Kaitlin, thanks for making us laugh. We Love You!
1 comment:
That's too funny.
Post a Comment