Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!


Lately I've been dreading Mother's Day. I guess I have too high of expectations on that day thinking that everything should be perfect HA HA HA. Last year I remember yelling down the stairs to the kids, after they had be fighting about who knows what, to stop what they were doing and by the way "THANKS FOR A HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!" in not a very happy voice. I'm trying this year a different approach by not being so selfish and not expecting anything but the normal around here. Now that were home from church and everyone is hungry and tired, I'm trying to ignore all the grumpiness and yelling while trying to make a nice dinner.


I guess instead of Mother's Day being all about me, I'll write about what Mother's Day should be about to me, My Mom. My Mom is a great example of what a Mom should be, unselfish, loving, giving. I don't remember my mom ever complaining about hating Mothers Day, maybe we were all perfect little angels, NOT!, no it's because she did everything for us not her. My Mother in Law is the same way, she would drop everything she is doing to help.


I love being a Mom and I need to remember all the little things like Kaitlin being the first to tell me "Happy Mothers Day" this morning,ready and dressed for church without being asked, Tyler who was full of hugs, kisses, and I Love You's, and Derick just taking my hand and holding it for no reason. That's why I love being a Mom.


The picture is of the card that Tyler made for me at school. Make sure you look at the word he used for the last "I" in HEIDI. When I asked him about it he told me that the dictionary said that it meant something nice, and then was in tears saying that he was going to change the word to something else, I finally convinced him that I wanted to keep it that way and that I love it!


2 comments:

The Nielsen Family said...

K, that made me laugh out loud.

Kollen Marchant said...

Oh, I'm practically crying that is so funny.