Tuesday, February 14, 2012

National Anthem

Derick was asked to sing the anthem at a volley ball game this past fall and we ended up missing hearing him sing because of a time mix up by me.  I was so upset because I wanted to be there.  He had people in tears because of how beautiful he sang.  I had one lady tell me that of all the years that she has heard the anthem she had never heard it sang so beautifully.  Well, he was given the opportunity to sing it again this past month at the Girls Varsity basketball game.  I am so proud of him.  He just sang it the way it should be sung.  Nothing fancy but purely beautiful with such feeling.

2012 Derick National Anthem

2 comments:

Cindy said...

WOW! I had no idea he could sing like that. Awesome! What a talented kid.

Kristin said...

Impressive!

Hey, we bought a house, and I want to put up some vinyls, do you still do that? Any chance you would still have my old files?