The end of last year I found out that Disneyland was doing a project called "Give a Day, Get a Day". You had to sign up early and then they would give you a service project to work on as a family and then you got tickets for one day to Disneyland. I knew that this was probably the only way that we would get there. So in January, we found out that our service project was from "Project Linus". We each had to make a blanket and then send in with a picture of us doing the project. That was it! We saved up money so that we would be able to afford the trip. And what even made it more special was that Grandma and Grandpa Evers got to come with us too.
I'm not much of a thrill seeker so I was nervous that I would chicken out on the rides and not have any fun with the kids. But I did good!!! I didn't chicken out on any of them. Indiana Jones, I think was my favorite. Kaitlin got in line with us, but the closer we got the less she wanted to go. She had heard all sorts of different stories from kids and had convinced herself that she would die. We had to talk her into staying in line and told her that she would hate herself if she didn't go on the ride. She screamed the whole ride, but didn't die. She said that she wasn't going to ride it again. We got fast passes for everyone else but her. By the time we went to ride it again she had decided that she really wanted to go again so Kirk gave her his pass. It ended up being her favorite ride also.

"It a Small World" is one of the lamest rides but also one of the longest so it's great to rest your feet. Plus cold air blows on you around each corner.
The kids had to appease their mom by going on the "Kiddie" rides. I was so excited to ride on these because they were what I remembered most when I went to Disneyland for the first time. They still were alot of fun. Derick always ended up alone on the rides because Tyler and Kaitlin wanted to ride with Mom or Dad on the rides.
Fun, Fun, Fun!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment