Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What's up?

It has been so busy around here lately. Now that I'm the mom taking my kids to practices and going in to Delta or up North for groceries and misc. errands, I sure do appreciate all that my parents did for me. But I have loved every minute of it. I'm so glad that my kids are enjoying it here in Leamington and going to school in Delta.

This past weekend I went up North to my sisters for a Scrapping Weekend. It was so much fun. I got to digital scrapbook all day long and not feel in the least bit guilty. I think that I got 15 layouts completed. Lori and I brought our own chairs from her house to sit on so that we could be comfortable sitting there for hours. It was also great to spend time with Lori face to face. We communicate plenty online but don't get to spend much time together. I can't even scrap a page from our weekend because I didn't take one picture. I'll have to get some from Lori.

Kirk took the Kids to the Utah State Fair on Saturday and had a great time. I really appreciate Kirk for letting my go to the Scrapping weekend and taking the kids to the fair.




This week has started of super busy. Kirk and I went up North on Monday to Tuchanos (sp) for dinner. If you haven't been there it's a Brazilian restaurant and they come to your tables with meat, veggies, and pineapple on spits and cut off pieces for you. Lots of fun and plenty of food. We were also able to get some shopping done for our upcoming trip.

Yesterday was Tyler's first football game. He did AWESOME, especially for it being his first real football game EVER. There was one play that he did where they did the Quarter Back sneak. It turned out amazingly good. I still need to learn a little more about football though. Derick and my brother Greg kept making fun of me because I kept saying/yelling the wrong terms at the wrong time. Oh well, I need to learn some time. They ended up not winning the game but were down by only one TD. Tyler kept looking up at us and giving us the thumbs up throughout the game. He had a blast.


Now on to Derick. Derick auditioned last week for the play "Beauty and the Beast" He did awesome. I was so proud of him. I know that he was terrified at the idea of even doing it but I encouraged him because I knew that this would be a good way for him to get to know more people there at school. He had to have a song and a short monologue. He sang "Go the Distance" from Hercules and then his monologue was from the movie Rocky Balboa where Rocky is talking to his son in the alley. After he sang, he had girls cheering for him. and the next few days at school had girls telling him that they couldn't believe that he could sing so good. Anyways, he got his part yesterday. He is Maurice, Belle's father. That was one of the top three choices he had wanted to get so he is quite excited. The Drama teacher told him that she picked him for that part because he had such a strong voice and Maurice and several singing parts.Kaitlin is taking piano lessons and is doing a great job. We decided to wait as far as clogging goes until we know a little more what we are doing with ourselves. She has adjusted to the move so great and has made lots of friends.



2 comments:

Kristin said...

I'm cracking up that you are going to 'scrap' a page of you 'scrapping'. lol.

Cindy said...

I'm glad to hear you're all doing well. Tell Derek congrats from us. That's awesome. We'd love to see the play.
Tell everyone hello. We miss having you around.