Monday, October 12, 2009

Pitiful

Doesn't she look pitiful? Bella got a sore in her eye that we later learned, via the internet, is cherry eye, she kept bothering it so we made a homemade cone to keep her from bothering it. I had a "Cricut"mat that I didn't use, since I don't have a cricut, so I didn't feel bad at all cutting it up. So with the mat, scissors and some duct tape we were able to make one. After we put it on, she just hung her head, it was so sad. She got used to it pretty quick even though she would run into alot of things because she didn't have any peripheral vision. She loved getting her head scratched, because she couldn't reach it, she would just move her head from side to side while we scratched it. After about a week we took it off and gave her a bath and she hasn't bothered it anymore. It still is there a little, but the only way to fix it is with surgery. Surgery is not necessary unless there is a risk of infection. We will just keep and eye on her and see.


No comments: