Friday, April 24, 2009

keehoanyo's?


Tyler might not appreciate this but kids do the darndest things. Last Friday was Tyler's 5th grade maturation program. When Derick had his Kirk couldn't go, so who had to go, ME! Not a problem me being the only Mom there about, oh well we had fun and went to DQ afterwards for lunch and to answer any questions. Anyway it was Tyler's turn on Friday and we ended up taking the kids out of school that day for Spring Break with cousins in St. George. Whew, I didn't have to go to the maturation program again. Well Tyler comes into my bedroom the other night with this little booklet on puberty. The first sentence in the book says, "Try talking with your DAD, Another adult you trust, your OLDER BROTHER, GRANDFATHER , UNCLE or Mom. Notice that Mom is the last one listed, but no going to the first 4, Tyler comes to me. I really don't mind because I can talk open to my kids about anything, I just think it's funny that he didn't at least go to Derick for all the info. Well we flip through the pages and talk about puberty, hormones, making sure that he is always nice to his mom,(I threw that little bit of info on my own), stinky armpits, and hair on various parts of the body. I was then informed that you don't say the "P" word but we call them KEEHOANYO'S. I'm about 99% sure he learned that from his Uncle Greg. We ended up all surviving the conversation, I got to smell his armpits with oldspice deoderant on. All in a days work for being a Mom. I wouldn't trade it for the world.

1 comment:

Brett and Andrea Evers said...

Hilarious! Sounds like you did a good job with "the talk". You're a great mom!