Friday, January 23, 2009

Off to the MTC

This last Sunday was my parents mission farewell. What a beautiful meeting it was. My mom talked about the importance of keeping a history and doing genealogy and a little bit about what they would be doing on their mission. Derick and Shaylin along with my parents neighbor Nathan did a piano/violin duet to "Oh My Father" it was absolutely beautiful. I wish I could have brought a recorder into church to record it. Hopefully they will play it again soon so that I can record it then so that you can all hear it. My dad then concluded by talking about faith and the power of the priesthood.

They went into the MTC on Monday and are having a great time learing everything they need to know before they go out into the Mission Field. I am so glad that I still am able to hear from them by phone and not just two times a year like the young missionaries get to.

1 comment:

Kollen Marchant said...

Okay so I need to send you more pictures of your kids sledding don't I. Hey if I just send you all of mine will you scrapbook them you do such an awesome job.