Sunday, December 28, 2008

Shepherd's Pie

One of our traditions we do in our family every year before Christmas is we have Shepherd's pie for dinner and we think of the Shepherd's that went and saw Baby Jesus. This recipe is one of our favorites. I'm not very good at writing recipes because I do this one so often I just kind of dump everything together and it always works, but I'll try my best.

2lbs Ground beef
2 cans Tomato soup
2 cans Green beans
1 T. Dried onions
Salt and pepper to taste
4 cups instant potatoes (We think potato pearls are the best)
Grated cheddar cheese

  • Brown and drain your groundbeef
  • add tomatoe soup, beans and onion and stir together
  • Pour in a 9x13 pan
  • Prepare your potatoes as per instructions and smooth over the hamburger mixture.
  • Sprinkle with grated cheese
  • Bake or put in microwave until the cheese is melted
  • ENJOY!

2 comments:

Kelli said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelli said...

Yummy my favortie meal, I love having this only Mike doesn't care for it so we only make it everyonce in a while. It has a combination of my favorites, green beans, tomato, soup and mash potatoes. Yummo!!