Saturday, September 20, 2008

17 years and wiser


Kirk and I celebrated our 17th wedding anniversary. We went out to dinner and to the movie. We took Kirk's truck and I decided that I would make it like our firsts dates when I would slide over into the middle and sit by Kirk. So I slide over, get a wedgie with the seatbelt thingie, and my knees are in my chest because I have the hump and no space for my legs.

What did I learn from this?
  1. You are silly when you are young and in LOVE
  2. Comfort is too important to my old bones.
  3. My hips can't fit between the seatbelts anymore.
So I said "Forget this" and slid back over to the passenger side and enjoyed the rest of the evening in comfort.

What a rollercoaster these past 17 years have been. We just put our hands up in the air, scream, hold on for dear life, and then have a blast enjoying the ride. I am so greatful to be married to my best friend for Time & All Eternity.

1 comment:

The Nielsen Family said...

Congratulations on 17 years!